The history of Granlund
Granlund Tools AB in Eskilstuna is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of precision tools since the second world war.
Early prototypes of what later became the Granlund interchangeable tool system was experimented with during the second world war, and in 1945 the company was founded. Its original name was GNG, which stood for Granlund, Nilsson and Gyllhamn. The company changed its name to Granlund Tools to honor Mr Granlund when he unexpectedly passed away. The company is still owned and operated by the Gyllhamn family, to this very day, 75 years later.
Since the late 1950’s Granlund also design and produce world class renowned die grinders for rollers used for manufacturing seamless tubes in the tube industry. We are one of the world leaders in the area and have ceivered and installed machines to some of the most demanding clients in the industry in more than 30 countries around the world. Our machines our well known for their durability and precision and quite a few of them continue to deliver highest quality results daily even after decades of service.
In 2005 Granlund acquired the entire machine division from Khantal and took over the production and design of the entire machineline designed to producing heattube elements. We continue to produce and deliver new machines to clients all over the world and are also providing service and overhaul of old Khantal machines.
As we are now approaching our 75th anniversary we humbly note that what started in 1945 as a local and unknown post WW II manufacturer in Sweden is now a globally well known and trusted brand.